Creighton Health and Immunization Requirements Portfolio (CHIRP) is a personalized and comprehensive document displaying current immunization and clinical onboarding requirements for students. Accessible via The BirdHouse and viewable by both students and health sciences clinical coordinators, CHIRP:
- Prepares students for interprofessional education and collaborative practice in interprofessional clinical learning environments as part of the IPE Passport curriculum managed by the Center for Interprofessional Practice, Education and Research.
- Provides a comprehensive reference for health science clinical coordinators and employers.
- Monitors compliance and sends notifications to students when requirements are due.
- Eliminates redundancy in third-party contracts to control costs.
- Ensures compliance with healthcare onboarding best practices.
- Offers data reporting and extracting capabilities.
- Includes items such as background checks, basic life support, drug screens, immunizations, tuberculosis screening, and a record of training (bloodborne pathogen, child and vulnerable adult, HIPAA, Title IX).
CHIRP is a collaborative product provided by the Center for Interprofessional Practice, Education, and Research and Student Health Education and Compliance.