Please note, all students must have immunization requirements completed (uploaded to The BirdHouse) and records verified by Student Health Services prior to registering for classes and prior to receiving a housing assignment. Students who are in process of completing immunization requirements (i.e. have started a series for the first time) may be granted class registration and/or housing assignment privileges at the discretion of Student Health Services.
To apply for housing, use the StarRez Housing Portal, which can be accessed through your Creighton NEST account. Preference is given to those new students who complete their housing application by the beginning of May.
1. Access the StarRez Housing Portal through The Nest
- Access The NEST and log in with your Blue Credentials (Note: If you have not logged into The Nest before, you may need to activate your Net ID.)
- Choose “Residence Life” from the navigation bar.
- Select “Housing Portal”. You will be re-routed to the home page of the StarRez Housing Portal.
- You may see an additional authentication page. When prompted, enter your Organization ID as your NetID followed by “@creighton.edu” with your Blue Password.
2. Navigate the Housing Portal
- On the top navigation bar, select “Academic Year Housing Application.”
- For New Freshman and Sophomore Students, select “Academic Year (9month),” and click “Save and Continue.”
- Complete the preliminary application steps until you reach the final page showing your application status as complete. At the completion of the process, you will be redirected to the home page. Your home page will display a green notification displaying your application as complete after you have done so.
3. Complete Roommate Search (Optional)
- In mid-May, new students will be able to access the roommate search features. This process is optional. If you choose not to participate in the process, you will be matched with a roommate based on the answers on your housing application profile.