Dr. Winegard was appointed Vice Provost for Student Life at Creighton in July 2014. As Vice Provost, she provides leadership and support to Residential Life, Student Health Services, Student Counseling Services, Office of Community Standards and Wellbeing, Campus Recreation and Wellness, Student Leadership and Involvement Center, Creighton Intercultural Center, and Housing and Auxiliary Services, including Centralized Reservations and University Dining. Dr. Winegard received her Doctor of Philosophy in Higher Education Administration and Leadership from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in 2010. She holds a Master of Arts Degree from the University of Iowa in Student Development in Post-Secondary Education and a Bachelor of Arts Degree from the University of Iowa in Political Science and Psychology. Dr. Winegard’s professional recognitions include:
- Creighton University Mary Lucretia and Sarah Emily Creighton Award Recipient (2012).
- Creighton University Division of Student Life Magis Award (2011).
- Creighton University St. Ignatius Award Recipient (2010).
- Alpha Sigma Nu Honorary Inductee (2002).
- Order of Omega Greek Leadership Honour Society, Honorary Inductee (2002).
- Creighton University Rev. Thomas J. Lukaszewicz, S.J. Award (2001).
- National Association for Campus Activities Outstanding New Professional (1999).
- Master’s Student of Distinction, The University of Iowa Student Development Program (1995).