The Rasmussen Center is open for use by reservation only. Bookings may be made up to two days in advance here.
Additionally, please review the amended facility information below:
Access to the Rasmussen Center will be provided via a reservation system. Timeslots will be offered every 90 minutes. Patrons will have 75 minutes to complete their workouts and exit the facility. Staff will clean and reset all equipment at the end of the 75-minute window and prepare for the next time block.
In addition to following public health and University guidance regarding protective equipment, physical distancing, cleaning and capacity limitations, the Recreation and Wellness will take additional measures to limit exposure to the COVID-19 virus in our facilities, including:
- Providing facility access via appointments, each preceded by a thorough cleaning
- Requiring that all patrons wear masks while inside the recreation facilities
- Adjusting the physical location of machines and equipment to promote distancing
- Setting density restrictions within indoor facilities
- Visibly marking workout areas to show the appropriate physical distancing
- Adding signage to remind members to use hand sanitizer upon entry and exit
- Adding signage to remind members to wipe down equipment before and after use
- Training student staff on new cleaning protocols, which include:
- Wiping down equipment whenever a patron fails to after use
- Educating patrons on additional cleaning expectations
- Cleaning high-touch points multiple times per day
- Cleaning and disinfecting all equipment before each reservation block
- Locker rooms will be closed during Phase One. Patrons will have access to individual restrooms for changing. All patrons are encouraged to arrive to the facility in workout clothes.
- Day-use lockers will not be available.
- Showers and saunas will not be available.
- Towel service will not be available.
- The equipment desk will not be open. A limited amount of equipment will be placed on the fitness floor for individual use.
- Water fountains will be turned off, but bottle-filling stations will remain in use.
- Spotting will not be allowed during Phase One.
- Competitive pick-up sports will not be permitted.
The Rasmussen Center, named after Creighton’s McCormack endowed Athletic Director Bruce Rasmussen and located on the east side of campus, features:
- A 4,300 square foot weight/cardio room
- A 60x40 yard turf fieldhouse
- Men’s, women’s and family locker rooms
- A two-lane running track (8.3 laps/mile)